Cranberry, Date, and Tangerine MuffinsPosted: May 3, 2009
I threw these together tonight after a weekend away for a little something to have with tea and for breakfast this week. They came out really well!
Cranberry, Date & Tangerine Muffins
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup chopped dates and cranberries
2 tablespoons tangerine zest
1 tablespoon baking powder
pinch of baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup yogurt
1 cup soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 12-muffin tin or use muffin cups.
- Mix up the dry ingredients in a large bowl (up to the sugar).
- Stir up the rest of the ingredients (liquids). I actually had a mason jar filled with some yogurt and just put everything in the jar and shook it up. One less thing to clean up!
- Put the wet ingredients in the dry ingredient bowl and stir them together. Do not over-mix.
- Plop the batter in the muffin tins (sprinkle with turbinado sugar if you like) and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.