I have a receipt for you all, but it’s trapped in a different bag. Will be updating that later today. I give you, however, some Green Bean and Lentil Curry – a spicy and warm dish for cool nights.
Green Bean & Lentil Curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3-4 tablespoons spicy curry powder
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- about 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut to inch-long pieces
- cooked brown basmati rice
- Heat up the oil or butter in a large pot. Add the onions and cook until softened – 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the curry powder (start with 2 tablespoons and add more to taste later) and stir vigorously. Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the green beans and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes. Taste and add salt and more curry powder if desired. Stir in the lentils and gently heat through.
- Serve over brown basmati rice.