Easy Peanut SaucePosted: June 10, 2011
As requested by Danielle below. I actually took measurements and meant to write this out because it was some awesome peanut sauce!
Easy Peanut Sauce
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 clove minced garlic (depends on how garlicy you want your sauce, I used 1 fat clove)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini (if you don’t have it, add another tablespoon of peanut butter and another teaspoon of sesame oil)
- Combine all of the ingredients except the water in a blender and blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add water until the paste reaches the consistency you want. You could also store the paste in a jar and add water, as necessary, for whatever recipe you need the sauce for. For example, to make a dressing for salad, you would add more water; to make a spread for a sandwich, add less or none!
- Store in airtight container for up to a week.