Buttery Egg Noodles w/Parsley and Veggie SausagePosted: November 18, 2010
The sausage goes in a spending update (soon to come)! Since we had a bunch of egg noodles leftover from making soup, I thought to use them a bit differently. This dish is very easy, quick and tasty – all good things for a weeknight meal.
Buttery Egg Noodles w/Parsley & Veggie Sausage
- 2 cups dried egg noodles
- olive oil
- 1 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-4 tablespoons butter (depends on how much butter you feel like)
- 2 veggie sausages, sliced
- Liberally salt and pour olive oil into a large pot full of water and set it to boil. Add egg noodles.
- While noodles are cooking, heat some olive oil in a small pan over medium heat and saute the garlic for two minutes. Add sausage slices and cook until evenly browned.
- Egg noodles should be done in about 7-8 minutes (al dente). Drain and reserve a bit of the cooking liquid. Put pasta back in the pot and add butter, parsley, the garlic and sausage and mix well. Add a bit of the pasta water if it looks too dry or add more butter!
- If you’ve got some breadcrumbs or Parmesan or Pecorino, liberally sprinkle on top. A spritz of lemon juice isn’t a bad idea either. Serve!