Blueberry SyrupPosted: July 13, 2010
I recently came into an snow-cone machine, or more appropriately, an ice shaver. Visions of icy treats immediately ran through my brain. The weather in NYC has been unbearably muggy and our 6th floor apartment constantly feels like an oven. The first ices simply had some lemon juice and simple syrup poured over them – divine. We then decided to make a simple syrup with blueberries…WOW! Very easy, very delicious. Can be used with some seltzer for a fruit soda (see above pic), mixed in a cocktail or poured over shaved ice.
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (or more) of blueberries
- Put everything in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer until it thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Cool and strain using a fine mesh strainer. Save sugared fruit. Put on icecream, yogurt, biscuits or eat with a spoon.
- Pour syrup in a jar and store in the fridge. Use for syrup-y goodness.