Zucchini Summer SaladPosted: June 22, 2010
It was too hot to turn on the stove last night (see sandwich below), so I decided to make a raw zucchini salad that was surprisingly good! Since these zucchinis were on the small side they were delicious raw.
- 2 smallish zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded beets
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dried Italian herbs
- Place shredded zucchini in a large bowl and salt generously. Let sit for about 10 minutes and then drain excess liquid (I use a salad spinner).
- Add beets, onion, parsley to the zucchini.
- Pour on some olive oil and vinegar (I like things vinegar-y, so I’m not giving proportions – trust your instincts) and lots of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch or two of Italian seasoning. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.