Easy Apple and Peach GallettePosted: June 15, 2010
Made this the other night for the True Blood premiere with the last of some pastry dough that has been sitting in the freezer for longer than I can remember.
Easy Apple and Peach Gallette
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- dash salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pat o’butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Roll out the pastry dough into a large circle and cover with a clean dishtowel.
- Pile the fruit into a large bowl and mix in the sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Spread the jam onto the pastry dough (feel free to add more, I used peach jam, but anything fruity will do).
- Arrange the fruit on the pastry dough and arrange the dough loosely over the fruit, leaving a bunch of fruit exposed in the middle.
- Dot the fruit with butter and feel free to sprinkle with sugar, but the fruit is plenty sweet enough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry puffs up and is golden brown.
- Cool for a bit and serve (whipped cream and/or vanilla icecream would probably be excellent additions).