Potato Carrot & Zucchini KugelPosted: April 2, 2010
In addition to the matzo, we made a Potato Carrot and Zucchini Kugel for dinner. The recipe for the kugel has been adapted, mainly because of how many eggs and potatoes were used – still tasted great! Phil said this was the lightest and airiest kugel he has ever had. I remember having a noodle kugel once and it was vastly different. Good, just different.
Potato Carrot and Zucchini Kugel (adapted from Epicurious)
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 small zucchini, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk (or just use 4 eggs – the white was used in a dessert)
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Put the onions, carrots, chives and eggs in a food processor and whirl around a few times.
- Add the zucchini, potatoes, salt and pepper and pulse for a bit – until the mixture comes together and everything is equally chopped.
- Pour into a bowl and add the olive oil and matzo meal. Stir well.
- Grease a 8×8″ pan with olive oil and pour the mixture in.
- Bake in oven for about an hour or until the top is a golden brown.