Chocolate PuddingPosted: March 12, 2010
This chocolate pudding was ridiculous easy, silky and delicious. I got the original recipe from an old post from Pietown and just did a few things differently (see below). A seriously yummy treat for any party, or just to eat from a bowl.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 2 2/3 cups skim milk
- 4 egg yolks, whisked
- 1 vanilla bean, split down the middle with seeds scraped or 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Put sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt in medium saucepan, and mix together.
- Add the milk and stir in the vanilla bean seeds and the bean. Whisk until the mixture begins to come to a slow boil and thickens. Continue to whisk for another few minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the milk mixture into the whisked egg yolks. Add that mixture to the saucepan and bring it to a boil over continuing to stir. Continue to whisk as it gently boils for about two minutes.
- If you are using vanilla extract instead of the bean, add it now and stir. Remove the mixture from heat, pour through a strainer and pour into separate cups (or one large bowl). Cover the pudding with plastic wrap pressed to the top of the pudding and put in fridge to chill.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream and berries.