Noodle FrittataPosted: November 23, 2009
The other day we made some pasta with vegetables and tempeh for dinner. We ended up making a lot more than expected and I decided to create a pasta “frittata” for brunch.
This came out surprisingly well and was a welcome addition to our weekend brunch repertoire.
- a bunch of leftover pasta
- olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- various spices of your choosing
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and various spices of your choosing.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in an oven-safe skillet (cast iron rules!) and place the pasta in it.
- Stir the pasta a bit until it heats up.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the pasta and distribute it throughout the mixture evenly. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the top is golden brown – about 15 minutes or so.