Easy Roasted Green BeansPosted: September 25, 2009
Lest you think our polenta meal had no real veggies involved (caramelized onions are so sweet and delicious that it’s hard to think of them as a vegetable), we had these string beans on the side. Super easy and nothing to clean up if you use foil to line your baking sheet.
Easy Roasted Green Beans
- 1lb green beans, trim the ends (I snip with scissors)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic (minced or use a garlic press)
- Preheat oven to about 400F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Place the trimmed and washed beans on the baking sheet.
- Pour a small glug of olive oil over the string beans.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes over the string beans.
- Do the same with the garlic.
- Make sure your hands are washed. Use them to mix everything together on the baking sheet.
- Pop the baking sheet in the oven for about 20-25 minutes (I wanted them ROASTED).
- Eat. Add more spices if you desire.
We bought some rolls the other night for $1 and I broke down and bought some green tea soy icecream (it was on sale). It cost $3.50. Total: $4.50 – TOTAL FOR THE WEEK: $16.99