Chard FrittataPosted: June 30, 2009
Here’s the recipe for that chard frittata we made from the CSA haul last week.
1 bunch rainbow chard, stemmed and chiffonaded
1 medium onion, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a medium cast iron skilled sautee the onion and chopped chard stems in olive oil.
3. Once the onions and stems are softened, add the chiffonaded chard leaves and put a lid over the skillet. This will be a big pile of greens, so make sure to turn them periodically to make sure they get cooked all around.
4. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl with some salt and pepper.
5. When they chard is cooked down, dump the veggies into a collander and to let the excess liquid drain.
6. With the skillet reasonably dry, put a bit more oil in the pan and then layer in eggs and veggies.
7. Put the skillet in the oven and bake for half an hour, or until the top is totally solid. You might want to stick it under the broiler to brown the top.
If you want, you could top it with some shredded cheese. Or serve it in a sandwich like we did.