Last Minute V-Day IdeasPosted: February 13, 2009
Hey folks. We’ve been wicked busy this week and haven’t made anything terribly exciting for dinners (think salads, sandwiches and pasta with homemade sauce – oh, and pizza night). Valentine’s Day is an excellent opportunity to spend some time in the kitchen and treat an important person in your life (you! ok, friends are good too). Of course, there are many fancy prix fixe Valentine’s dinners in NYC, but I think they’re a bit of a ripoff. A nice and simple meal at home, some candles and champagne will cost far less than a $60 per person dinner with one drink. I will be making a decadant dinner and include a recipe for an amazing dessert at some point tomorrow.
In the meantime, some last minute ideas:
- Get some Mast Brothers Chocolate. Delicious, beautifully wrapped and just expensive enough to make a decadant chocolate gift for someone.
- Go to your local comic book store and get Fables. The series has a great story, serious artwork and is fun for guys and gals.
- Cheese! Get something nice and stinky for the one you love. Share it so you both smell.
- Make red velvet cupcakes.
- I love bourbon. If someone you heart loves bourbon, this one is good (although not “real”) and this one is a favorite.
- Make your honey brunch in bed.