Onion and Thyme Frittata: Cookbook ChallengePosted: February 7, 2009
I forgot that I was supposed to be cooking things from cookbooks that I normally don’t use. This Saturday’s brunch was from The Silver Spoon cookbook. Behold!
Onion & Thyme Frittata (adapted from the Silver Spoon cookbook)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped finely
2 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves only
1 sprig rosemary, leaves only (chopped)
pinch of salt
some grated pecorino or Parmesan
- Heat the oil in an overproof skillet, add the onions and cook over low heat until they are soft and brown.
- Stir in the herbs and cook a few minutes more.
- Turn on the broiler of your oven.
- Gently whisk the eggs together with a pinch of salt and then pour into skillet.
- Cook until the underside is a light brown, lifting the sides and letting the eggs fill the bottom of the pan occasionally.
- Sprinkle some of the cheese on top and place under broiler. Broil until top is brown and bubbly.
- Mangia! This serves 2 people.